Promotions and Advertising
When we talk about advertising and promotions in this new era of digital marketing we’re normally referring to traditional promotions and advertising placements that inform, persuade and influence consumers. Baker Marketing is experienced in planning and implementing small- and large-scale promotions and advertising programs based on sound strategy.
Baker Marketing can plan and implement a range of traditional promotional activities for your business such as:
- Sales promotions through point-of-sale displays, in-store discounts and special offers
- Contests and competitions
- Rebates offers and other price promotions
- Instore sampling and product demonstrations
- Direct mail campaigns
- Free publicity through coverage in traditional and online media achieved though effective PR.
Why use Baker Marketing to manage your promotions?
Baker Marketing ensures that a well-defined strategy underpins your promotional plan so that you target your audience effectively and have a well defined objective for your promotional activities. Without a strategy you can run the risk of losing focus.
For any product or services the objectives of a promotion could be to:
- provide useful information
- increase demand
- differentiate from competitors
- accentuate the value proposition
- increase or stabilise sales.
We also know that it’s important to measure the success of your promotions and learn from the outcomes. So, after any promotional activity we ask the following questions: Did the promotion have the desired effect? Did consumers take intended action? What was the return on investment for the promotion?
Our Approach to Advertising
Our approach to creating effective advertising campaigns is straightforward. We use a blend of strategy and creativity to come up with original ideas that hit the mark, and then execute those ideas with precision.
Why use Baker Marketing to manage your advertising?
- We get the positioning right. We decide how your product or service should be positioned and we’re consistent about it. We craft ads that explain that you are offering one important thing to your key target market.
- We keep it simple. We simplify your advertising strategy down to a single promise, or a “unique selling proposition” that you can deliver better than anyone else. We put that promise, and your brand, in the heading where it can’t be missed.
- We talk to the customer with great copy. The readers, listeners to or viewers of your ads are real people with real needs. Copywriting is an art we practice daily. We capture attention with copy that talks to people in a language they understand.
- We create great images that cut through. A great image conveys more than words. Whether we use photography, illustration or typography we ensure the image is the best it can be. Sometimes we create images with many layers of meaning. Then we use copy sparingly to reinforce the headline and the visual message.
Contact Baker Marketing to discuss how you can benefit from our expertise in promotions and advertising!
Not sure? Check out our Promotions and Advertising articles:
In two days’ time it will be 11 November, the so-called “double eleven”, the most successful online shopping holiday in the world single-handedly created by Alibaba. Many brands on e-commerce platforms will offer big discounts on that date as Chinese consumers look...read more
With Mother’s Day behind us, it is time to give some thought to what you are going to implement to stay ahead of the pack for Father’s Day 2015 (6th September). Have you ever run a competition or is it time to consider running one? Your database is one of your biggest...read more
Promotions Planning – Selecting the most powerful marketing tools A popular saying illustrating how difficult it is to reach potential customers using traditional advertising is attributed to legendary retailer, marketer and businessman, John Wanamaker: Half the money...read more
You might also be interested in:
Brilliant ideas perfect for your business that combine the best of both the art and science of marketing.
Get the most out of every online advertising dollar with targeted set-up, analysis and data-drive advice.
The bottom line matters! Improve your sales & outbound marketing with targeted strategies & training.
Graphic Design Services
Your brand is your identity, so make sure your visual design is as effective in every instance.
Sign Up to Our Mailing List
Get our Marketing Minds updates sent to your inbox so you always have a fresh supply of marketing inspiration on hand!
You'll receive a summary of our marketing article each Monday and our WordPress article each Wednesday, so you will never be short of new ideas and/or important updates for guiding your marketing.