LinkedIn is known as a business-orientated social network and is the number one social media platform for Business to Business (B2B) content distribution. LinkedIn is primarily used as a social networking site, job-hunting, resume posting, industry content and the latest news and insights.
It has been said that you never know who might read your content on LinkedIn. LinkedIn’s publishing platform allows you to post content which helps build your brand and expose your brand to potential clients within your industry.
Many often think of LinkedIn as a great place for professional networking, but in fact, using LinkedIn for content distribution can be extremely effective for increasing your traffic, awareness of your brand, connections and influence.
So, now that we have highlighted that LinkedIn is a great tool for content distribution, you are most probably wondering how to go about distributing it.
- You can post through your personal profile or business page, exposing your content through an organic following or you can connect to groups that are relevant and then post the links to your content there, but it is important to avoid self-promotion
- LinkedIn Pulse also give you the ability to share your content. This is a great platform to share more in-depth, longer content.
- Sponsored content updates where you pay for cost per click, this allows you to get your posts in the hands of the right audience
If the content you are posting is relevant and engaging you will start to notice an increase in your activity, such as increased views, connection requests, or even direct messages from viewers.
Here are a few things to avoid when posting content on LinkedIn.
- Don’t become a spammer
- Don’t talk about sensitive topics
- Don’t just post content on your products and services
What to post?
- Industry Tips, Tricks and How-To’s
- Latest Industry Insights & Trends
- Company News
- Your Blogs
- Sharing Trusted Industry Articles
- Job Openings
With 94% of B2B marketers using LinkedIn to distribute content, making it the most-used B2B social platform, it’s going to be more important than ever to have something valuable to say and share in that space as well. What content are you sharing on LinkedIn that has your audience engaged?