But its recent generation of free Apps has made this system more mobile and You-ser friendly than ever.
WordPress for iOs and WordPress for Android are free apps that give you control of your self-hosted WordPress website (that would be most of our clients at Baker Marketing) or your wordpress.com blog.
From the one app you can:
- Manage multiple WordPress sites or blogs
- Add and edit blog articles (Posts)
- Add and edit Pages
- Accept, reject or respond to Comments
- Check statistics
- Apply updates
What’s more, there are only a few steps to take to get started.
How to set up your WordPress site for mobile publishing
To get started you simply:
- Log in to your WordPress site, go to Settings > Writing, click in the box that says ‘Enable the WordPress, Movable Type, MetaWeblog and Blogger XML-RPC publishing protocols’, and click Save Changes.
- Then download the app you need for your smartphone or tablet operating system and then go to Settings and click Add a Blog. In the next step you choose whether your WordPress site is on your own web hosting or at wordpress.com, enter your login details and you are away.
I still don’t do the bulk of my website work using this app, but I find it invaluable for responding to comments and diving in for emergency grammar corrections and drafting new blog articles (I leave them saved as Drafts for completion and publishing when back at my main computer device).